Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Going to a Baby Shower while you are single..
First off I don't recommend it. It is the first baby shower for any of my high school friends I have been to. It was fun too see all the girls, catch up, and see where they are in their lives. That lasted about 10 minutes... and then I realized I have nothing to talk to these girls about. So they continued to rant and rave about their preferred brand of diaper, the best way to get rid of diaper rash, to how they are going to afford their second while going to school, and their husbands job taking them on yet another adventure. And since I was the ONLY single girl there... my attention got turned to who they can set me up with. I had at least 5 people trying to set me up. Now if you know me, you know I really don't mind being set up, but can we please make the arrangments in a more private setting. As a group they have taken my love life into their hands, 'She can't do it so we now must intervene for her benefit, and we need to all discuss this openly and come up with the best option'. So an hour into the shower I made sure I had a good excuse to leave... and now here I am home on a Wednesday night blogging. Maybe I do need their help...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, poor you! Get over it! We all love you just the same, can't you love us?
Oh yeah, I meant to worn you that I like to exaggerate my stories to make them better...you know I loved every minute of it!
Post a Comment